Profession: Application Management
Work Location: Americas-Canada-Montreal
Reporting to the Director, Software Development, the Technical Team Lead’s role is the following:
Lead the software development team and support all aspects of service/application lifecycle, including Specifications, Design, development, Qualification, deployment, and support to Operations. The candidate will participate to product/service definition, design, development, and deployment (operationalization) of mission critical systems within Air-Ground systems development team.
Maintain overall accountability for multiple medium to large scale development projects that have a significant cross-functional business impact ensuring the solution/s developed can sustain the long-term goals of the business.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, who can positively challenge all stakeholders to help them converge towards well understood and agreed trade-offs of Functionality, Service level, Cost, Time to market. Candidates with a strong IT background, with a solid analytic profile with good-judgement and project & people management skills will be
What you will do:
• Perform technical assessment, produce technical specifications of product development, product change requests and customer requests
• Produce the Project Management Plans taking into account the various engineering functions involved
• Perform regular project reviews with key contributors to review project status, scope, changes, and to detect any deviations and facilitate any conflict resolution
• Identify, analyse and qualtify risks and take steps to mitigate them
• Co-ordinate the allocation and work assignments of resources involved in the development, maintenance and support of applications and systems, in line with approved the company projects and priorities
• Ensure adequate documentation is produced and maintained, in line with internal processes and practices, for the architecture, design, specification, development, unit testing, integration and deployment, cutover phases of delivered applications
• Coordinate activities with other units (e.g., delivery, implementation, on-site operations, second level support, sales support, etc.) in compliance with the SITA service model.
Who you are:
• Demonstrate solid knowledge of and ability to apply advanced software development principles, theories, programming languages, concepts and techniques
• 10 to 15 years’ experience in a Software Engineering environment using C/C++,
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Team/Technical lead position with a strong focus on integration of all technical and architectural matters (functional and non-functional) in Software development projects
• Project and People Management skills
• Knowledge of Telecommunication and Aviation systems solution would be an asset
• Demonstrate solid understanding of system integration and hardware
• Leadership and coaching skills: Has the ability to lead, train and mentor software developers;
• Demonstrate solid understanding of Software development methodologies and practices (Waterfall, Agile and DevOps environments)
• Project management skills: Has knowledge of planning, project management, budgeting, and quality assurance as it relates to software development projects
• Good hand-on experience of Object Orientated design and language such as C++, Java
• Familiar with operating systems and middleware such as Windows/Linux, MSSQL, WebSphere, MS Queuing
• Knowledge of IT security and networking concepts
• Experience in Agile environments
• Real-time software development
• Knowledge of standard software development principles, theories, concepts and techniques
• Ability to coordinate multiple technical streams of work to produce a complete solution
• Ability to estimate and also lead the estimation process
• Ability to work well both independently or as a member of a team
• Ability to manage a technical team
What we offer
SITA’s workplace is all about diversity: many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who’ve been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we're always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonuses, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world-class learning.
Welcome to SITA
SITA is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don’t just connect the global aviation industry. We apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport.
We design, build and support technology solutions all with one vision to create easy air travel every step of the way. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe. Are you ready to explore the opportunities?
SITA is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, Aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process.
Job Posting: Mar 1, 2021, 1:36:20 PM