NEC has a century-long history of innovation and for over 50 years in Australia, NEC has built a sophisticated technology and anything-as-a-service company which brings together the best technology and the smartest people driving customer service excellence. With a major focus on Public Safety, we deliver a complete portfolio of ICT solutions and services to large enterprise, small business and government customers.
We are shaping the most efficient businesses and creating a safer society by solving tomorrow’s technology challenges.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an End User Computing (EUC) desktop engineer to provide a high level of technical desktop support to customers based in Perth
In this key customer help desk role, you will support an EUC technical ‘stack’ covering desktop services (break/fix), peripheral devices and mobile devices. Travel may be required across different sites around Perth.
Reporting to the EUC Team Leader, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Perform requests for installation and re-location of End User Computing hardware such as desktops, laptops, terminals
- Provide remote desktop services and higher level technical; and troubleshooting;
- Perform hardware Asset tracking
- Provide desktop break/fix in the ICT Environment for customers for Desktop and laptop computers; Monitors, keyboards, mice and cables; Terminals, KVMs and cables; Peripheral devices; Desktop and network printers and MFDs; Mobile phones and Mobility devices; and Operating System and applications;
- Prioritise workload to assist seniors with P1 and P2 incidents, provide updates and manage tickets to resolution;
- Provide a high level of technical/engineering support to customers in relation to all relevant EUC systems;
- Investigate and resolve reported system and application type faults using remote diagnostic tools and standard engineering analytical techniques.;
- Act as an interface between the client and vendors regarding med\high level technical issues;
- Provide guidelines for client training in the use and maintenance of EUC systems and facilities;
- Use troubleshooting tools and techniques to diagnose and implement control actions as necessary to ensure availability including performance in terms of capacity, utilisation, and availability in accordance
- Minimum of 1 year experience within an EUC role,
- Experience across Windows Server, AD, Exchange, MDM
- Experience working within a large multi-site organisation and multi-team environment
- Provide leadership and guidance to other ICT support team /s
- Experience and ability to work effectively with industry partners and third party ICT suppliers;
- 2 + years in a multi-level support environment
- Engineers to be cross functional with the EUC stack with broad skillset across multiple technical platforms and systems
- Experience working with Contract, SLA’s and OLA’s
- Experience with Antivirus and Security
- Appliance and Networking advanced knowledge
You must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
What is in it for you?
NEC has a rich history of bringing humanity and tech with our vision to orchestrate a brighter life; we are committed your personal and professional development. You will have access to our on-demand learning portal, excellent Health & Wellbeing program and volunteer for our CSR activities. Some of our benefits include generous leave options. You will also have access to our Rewards Gateway to avail great discounts on tech, food and lifestyle products.
NEC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds