Daimler Trucks Huntingwood has a current vacancy for an experienced Heavy Vehicle Technician to join its dealership. In this role, you will work across a range of special projects within the workshop with the ultimate objective of achieving maximum efficiency whilst maintaining customer satisfaction.
Reporting to the Service Manager, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Performing maintenance, fault diagnosis, mechanical rectification & accessory and component installation on various vehicles and equipment as instructed
* Ensuring all activities in the Workshop are undertaken in a manner that exceeds customer expectations
* Recording accurate descriptions of work carried out on all repair orders for translation by Service Advisor to customers.
* Maintaining effective communication channels with all staff and customers to uphold the Company brand and image
* Adhering to all OH&S standards and procedures within the workplace at all times within the Company’s standards and procedures.
* Participating in training on various products as required
* Assisting in training whilst providing guidance, support and technical coaching to apprentices’ as necessary
* Recording attendance accurately, time spent on individual jobs using dealership time recording systems.
To be successful in this position, you will have successfully completed a recognised mechanical or electrical trade qualification as a motor mechanic, ideally with proven experience with light commercial vehicles. Along with this, you have strong abilities in understanding and interpreting complex service software and literature. Specific knowledge of diesel engines, electrical and pneumatic systems, transmissions and hydraulics will be valuable and experience with workshop management systems will be an advantage. In addition you will have excellent interpersonal skills, a good work attitude and the ability to work well with people at various levels. An ability to diagnose and rectify technical problems within adequate time frames is also essential.
Interested applicants should apply via this ad, or contact Anne Taylor.
This is a local, permanent role. You must have a permanent working visa for Australia / New Zealand to be able to apply for this position.
At Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific, we believe our people make the difference. We proudly offer generous employee benefits, such as discounted car leasing and purchase options, on-site parking, employee assistance programs and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Workplace Gender Equality Employer of Choice and we support a flexible and progressive work culture. We actively recognize our committed people through Employee Recognition and Reward programs. We also provide exciting learning and career development opportunities.