Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of Cloud Computing. We are currently expanding our decommissioning team and are looking for a proven network and cable decommissioning technician with experience in robust technical understanding of network and infrastructure. The Network & Cable Decommissioning team (NCD) are looking to hire a highly motivated, self-driven decommissioning technician who will work closely with project managers, network engineers, and operations teams to recover rack space, power, remove cabling infrastructure, and sanitize legacy network equipment. The NCD Tech will be responsible for executing assigned efforts and communicating status updates of those task.
· Physical Decommissioning of network and cabling infrastructure in a Data Center environment.
· Manage assigned work and priorities through ticketing system and/or workflows.
· Provide status updates to Stakeholder via ticketing system.
· Effectively co-ordinate and deliver multiple tasks congruently.
· Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain Data Center cleanliness.
· Effectively leverage the logical tools and systems that are provided.
· Follow all production, safety and quality standards, codes and industry best practices.
· Collaborate with various Stakeholders to remove obstacles.
· Read and comprehend datacenter build documentation, and site specific layout material.
· Travel within geographical work area is required, up to 25% travel outside traditional work area may be required depending on your primary region.
· Scope effort assigned, validate all work is ready for decommissioning, create change requests to perform work, and timely execute effort that has been assigned.
· All efforts need to be documented via ticketing system.