Rayonier Advanced Materials is a global leader of cellulose-based technologies, including high purity cellulose specialties, a natural polymer commonly found in filters, food, pharmaceuticals and other industrial applications. The Company also manufactures products for lumber, paper and packaging markets. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,000 people and generates approximately $1.8 billion of revenues. More information is available at [...] Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
Providing reliability services for Newsmill operations with a focus on reducing
manufacturing costs while maximizing uptime and maintain product quality.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
· Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
· Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
· Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do People
· Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support
Health & Safety Program.
· Maintain a communications program to keep employees informed.
· Support compliance with collective agreement and sound
· Work collaboratively with planners, supervisors and other members of
the Maintenance and Engineering teams.
· Report to Supervisor, Reliability.
· Carries out extensive analysis on the vibration and other data collected,
to diagnose/troubleshoot machinery problems and take the necessary
· Utilize predictive maintenance technologies – infra red thermography,
ultra-sonic detection, and reliability centered maintenance
methodologies to ensure high machine performance.
· Troubleshoot all vibration, noise, and lubrication problems throughout
the mill, and provide an estimate on life of failing equipment by
determining rate of change from sophisticated data collection and gained
knowledge and experience
· Report equipment deficiencies observed using the predictive
maintenance technologies, to the relevant stakeholders (e.g. using Calls,
Emails, Reports, CMMS, etc.).
· Assist the Reliability Supervisor by developing a detailed failure analysis
of failed equipment to develop a root cause of failure and apply
corrective action to all related equipment within the mill.
· Possess a good understanding and upkeep of Lubrication and Hydraulic
systems functions and components.
· Follow internal procedures and controls for reliability activities and
provide sound documentation for reliability activities reporting.
· Ensure the vibration analysis predictive and preventative program, and
lubrication program is kept current in terms of data input and
technology; adjust database accordingly for new or obsolete equipment.
· Support the installation and maintenance of condition monitoring
hardware and systems (PdM) for equipment in the Mill.
· Supports the maintenance of Condition Monitoring Tools/Instruments
and Software as per manufacturer guidelines, including routine in-house
· Propose improvements to enhance the reliability and availability of
equipment in the Mill.
· Provides Relief Supervision support if/when needed.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
· Education: College diploma in a related field.
· Experience: 3-5 years of working experience in a related field.
· General knowledge of Predictive Maintenance (PdM).
· Computer (PC) literate
· Bilingual: An asset