Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter Technician Lead, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
As a successful Datacenter Technician Lead, your performance objectives include:
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Building strong working relationships with customers
- Ensuring alignment of operations and programs to Microsoft’s big picture and goals
- Leading a team of datacenter technicians responsible for hardware installation, cabling, power cycles, swap out of failed components, and hardware troubleshooting
- People management including performance reviews, career coaching, and career growth discussions
- Performing shift-based tactical management tasks such as prioritizing ticketing queues, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of datacenter support activities
- Encouraging team to share lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and deliver success
- Manage resource scheduling to ensure meeting SLAs and project deliveries
- Provide hands-on support to DCT team as needed during high volume work activity
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away