Job Title: The Dock – Technology & Engineering – Technology Architect (Senior Manager)
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
About “The Dock”:
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where Engineers, Designers, Doctors,
Scientists, Visionaries and Makers are doing things that matter for people, for places and for the
environment. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace
designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
About Technology & Engineering:
We focus on the Full Stack Engineering Solution – responsive UIs, micro-services, data layers –
solving problems using Applied Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Vision, IoT, Cyber-Security and Data
Working in tandem with Architecture, Agile, Big Data, Analytics, Immersive, Cloud Engineering and
Design pillars and practices, we operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum with a remit to
build the future in real-time.
The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients,
customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief,
empowers us to break future ground.
We are Agile:
We strive to create and maintain a culture that embraces Agile values and principles. We believe that
by enabling self-organising teams with the right tools and processes and by leveraging industry and
user feedback, we can respond quickly and learn as we go. This is the right way to uncover the best
solutions for The Dock, for our Clients, and for Society.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Technology & Engineering practice within the wider
• You are an S/W Architecture professional.
• You are someone with strong independent logical thinking and broad technical experience on
designing UX, functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application integration.
• You are someone who can lead best practices within the team, using design patterns and
principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
• You are someone who understands the perspectives of full-stack engineering, data scientists,
DevOps and be able to use, choose or create the right technology and approach rather than
constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
• You relish client engagement and are at ease in discussing innovation and technology solutioning
with clients, focusing on their business problems and being able to qualify and quantify the
• You are someone who values relevant communication, is highly collaborative, enthusiastic in
achieving results, open, even sometimes creative but has a deep interest in new and emerging
• You give back by owning/leading initiatives within the Technology & Engineering team to help
foster engagement, continuous learning/improvement, strong community and an open culture.
• Important: capable of leading the design, development and delivery of a scalable project, rapid
innovation solution and leading a client technology/business/innovation consultation.
What you will be doing?
You will be part of the large innovation-focussed Technology & Engineering team that helps The Dock
innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects,
prototypes and proofs of concept.
We are looking for a Technology Architect who will be a leader within our organisation, with proven
experience in shaping and defining innovative technology solutions, inspiring and leading our people
and solving challenging problems across multiple industries. We need someone who can create
ideas, and help carry them through to implementation, ensuring that they are scalable, fit for purpose
and aligned with our clients’ needs.
As a Technology Architect you will:
• Be a leader within the Technology & Engineering practice of The Dock, responsible for inspiring
and growing our people providing guidance, coaching and motivation to improve.
• Be working on ill-defined problems with unknown solutions across many industries using
experimentation and validation based approaches to reach an outcome.
• Collaborate with team members from multiple disciplines, including Designers, Data Scientists,
Software Engineers, Clients and Business Stakeholders to help identify key areas for innovation,
define and refine the challenge statement and propose solution hypotheses.
• Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and
demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
• Take responsibility for designing and crafting technical solution hypotheses and the architectures
that will underpin these.
• Help with aligning potential solutions with problem requirements, from ideation right through to
implementation, planning for large-scale adoption.
• Be unafraid to find the issues but be unremittingly positive in coming up with creative solutions for
• Identify and interact with stakeholders to make sure their needs are being met.
• Identify, mitigate and manage risks associated with the projects and programmes you work on.
• Understand and plan for evolutionary paths and ensure the end to end solution is correct for
downstream deployment, scaling and operation.
• Provide expert advice regarding application and technical aspects of product development and
• Have a people orientated approach to work particularly when engaging with co-workers. Be a
team player as well as a leader, with a keen interest on developing those around you.
• Work across multiple project areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency.
• As needed, support the project lead to evolve the trajectory of tasks to be value-driven, based on
newly available data and critical evaluation.
• Be technically excellent and have the skills to present to senior client executives and external
audiences, facilitate working sessions and partner with client teams to craft pioneering
The successful candidate is expected to have expert practical experience of engineering modern
applications and is expected to evangelise Thought Leadership and Best Practice ideals. You will:
• Work within innovation teams to define, create and maintain best practices and technical
• Participate in engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by
attending progress updates, bi weekly calls/meetings;
• Work with architects to analyse and design complex integrated technical solutions, services and
• Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver
compelling user-facing products;
• Possess strong leadership of the modern technology stack, working in an agile technical team
providing advanced engineering expertise and guidance to high quality standards;
• Document key technical decisions, implementations, approaches, mechanisms;
• Identify and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs;
• Work with other technical leads and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions
• Transfer knowledge to multi-functional teams and provide major defect support;
• Where applicable, be a capability mentor to share your specialisms and best practices.
Please continue with your application