Glanbia Business Services
Senior End User Technologies Engineer (Client)
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior End User Technologies Engineer (Client) at Glanbia Business Services. This is a permanent position and will report to the End User Technologies Architect. While likely to be initially remote working due to current requirements, the base location of the role will be either our head office in Kilkenny OR Citywest, Dublin 24 upon return to the workplace.
The End User Technologies team is the company’s most senior End User Technologies advisory group. The EUT Team is accountable for the Global strategic development of the End User Technology environment, the definition and implementation of standards/policies and the management of some key global services to end user devices (client devices - 95% Windows 10, 5% Apple MAC). Our mobile fleet consists of Apple iPhone and iPads.
The Senior End User Technologies Engineer (client) will work with the EUT Team contributing to the shared team goals and requirements as outlined below.
Key elements of the role
• Business as usual daily tasks (50% of time) : Support the EUT team to maintain the key services including Client Platform standard (Windows 10/Apple MAC), SCCM, Jamf, Intune/Mobile Iron, Group Policies for Windows clients;
• Reactive Support Level 3 (15% of time): Support the Global Service Desk for escalations related to EUT services only, complete high level professional documentation as required;
• Proactive Support Level 3 (15% of time): deliver formal technical training, mentoring and coaching to Service Desk/Global IT Operations on EUT services;
• Project Tasks (20% of time): support the EUT Team in deploying new solutions, improve the services and define new standards. We are currently planning strategic modern management initiatives for Glanbia investigating such technologies as Windows Autopilot, Cloud Management Gateway and Intune.
Requirements for the position
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or similar related
Skills & experience
• 5 plus years directly related experience in a similar role
o Required: Client Management with SCCM – Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (Patch management, SW Distribution, OS Deployment, Custom queries/reports), Scripting (PowerShell, Batch, VBS), Supporting/troubleshooting a Windows 10 client platform in an enterprise environment;
o Nice to have: Managing Apple MAC using Jamf, Managing Windows devices and Smartphones with Intune, Azure AD, Windows Virtual Desktop
• Ability to work alone as an individual contributor and as a participant in a team environment;
• Can take technical lead for some of the EUT services as required
• Proven/Excellent real world problem solving skills
• Proven/Excellent documentation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience working within ITIL compliant environments
• The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
• A team player who has the ability to motivate others, making it fun while getting the job done.
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement and the challenge to make it better.