The business for a media agency such as Wavemaker has evolved through the years, specifically in its digital practice. From what used to be media-centric, its offer has expanded to non-media services, which include but are not limited to strategy and creative conceptualization for digital, digital assets production, consumer engagement, and analytics and insights, among others.
Managing varying levels of scope of work for clients; maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; ensuring that revenue targets are achieved; and overseeing the junior members of the account team/s are key to the role of the Senior Precision Technology Specialist
As a Senior Precision Technology Specialist, he/she will have the responsibility to manage the business needs of the group of accounts that will be assigned to him/her. He/she will also have the responsibility to drive business development for both existing and potential clients of the agency.
Reporting of the Role
The Precision Planning Manager reports to the Head of Technology and Data.
3 Best Things About the Job:
1. Diversity of Clients – you get to work with a wide portfolio of clients (from, Telco to FMCG to services, and so on).
2. Young and Dynamic Team – as the demand for integrated planning continues to evolve, so does the team members within WM.
3. Support – Wavemaker is backed by strong teams: client service, performance, content, and strategy & insights teams.
Measures of Success
In three months:
In 3 months, you will have understood, fully, the landscape of Programmatic Buying, and the components of Marketing Maturity and the technical concepts it translates to and requires. You will, also, have demonstrated intermediate mastery of the basic platforms the team manages on a regular basis, through actual task deployment and certificates of comprehension (if applicable). Basic platforms would include Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Datorama, and Display & Video 360.
In six months:
In 6 months, you will have built yourself a professional reputation among your peers and superiors as a subject matter expert on the field of Web Analytics and asset-based Audience Management. You will have led in the continued education of planning teams in the said field. You will, also, have significantly contributed in the business development efforts with regards to Marketing Stack planning and/or deployment.
In twelve months:
In 12 months, you will have become an agency-side marketer with the full capacity to develop and execute plans necessary for a client to move along the stages of Marketing Maturity, independently.
1. Be the go-to authority with regards to planning and operations for all things related to site management, audience management and programmatic buys
2. Be a credible Marketing Tech Stack consultant
3. Fully understand the requirements and technical aspects that go into the implementation of non-standard digital media campaigns, such as:
- Dynamic Creative Optimization
- 1st Party Data management and activation
- mInsights utilization
- Web Analytics and Tag Management deployment
4. Operate and align output with flexibility, to support the team’s key functions and vision, and the agency’s current condition of needs.
1. Operate as the liaison between planning teams and the local PBU/Xaxis
2. Operate as the planning partner of teams in designing programmatic/non-standard digital media campaigns, producing guidelines, media plan assistance, audience strategies, and performance tracking support
3. Lend technical support in the setup of such campaigns, such as tag management, web analytics deployment, audience creation, and coordination with technical partners
4. Lead in the continued education of both traditional and Precision planning teams, in the realm of performance digital media campaigns
5. Works with GroupM for Programmatic Supply Discussions and Trading Agreements with local Programmatic Vendors / Partners
What you will need:
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Philippines Market Overview
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest-growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.