Test Automation Specialists are responsible for partnering with teams to enable them to design and implement sustainable test automation using a risk-based approach that further enables, CI/CD & DevOps
• Learning test automation concepts and best practices
• Developing proficiency with test automation tools and frameworks
• Contributing to the further development of best practices and other self-help guidance (ex: KB articles, communities of practice, test automation starter kits)
• Coaching and/or paired programming with teams looking to incorporate test automation in their application delivery process
• Partnering with CI/CD experts to help teams integrate their automated testing into CI/CD pipelines
• Staying up-to-date on industry and technology trends related to quality assurance.
• Evaluating and introducing quality assurance processes and tools.
What you get out of this position? What can you learn?
• Opportunity to help accelerate adoption of test automation across the company.
• Opportunities to work with modern applications and technology. Test automation is foundational to CI/CD and DevOps.
• Learning a niche skill set that has high ROI and cost savings potentials. Strategic to our organization goals.
• Expected to be able to learn new concepts quickly and at times, independently.
• Must speak, read and write English fluently
• Able to articulate technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• Able to refine requirements from business end users, update technical design specification documentation.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills.
• Able to be productive when working asynchronously with colleagues located around the globe.
• Decision-making and business judgment
• Ability to influence without authority
• Adaptability to time pressures and changing priorities
• Ability to develop and promote standard operating procedures
• A demonstrated mindset of continuous improvement, applied to oneself and others.
Technology Specific Requirements
• Experience with QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, testing methodologies and agile frameworks;
• Familiarity with test automation:
• Experience developing unit tests utilizing Java, Python, or C# within a test framework;
• Experience developing UI automated tests using tools like Selenium or TOSCA is a plus;
• Good notions on different types of APIs (web services, REST vs SOAP, message queues) as well as its technologies and platforms
• Good notions on Cloud Platforms (e.g.: MS Azure, AWS, etc.)
Extra awesome / Nice-to-haves:
• Previous experience developing, supporting, or using test automation
• Prior developer roles