The Liferay Information Services (IS) team is looking for testers with a solid knowledge of software testing, with the ability to create high-quality automated test software using open source solutions. The candidate has to be able to work with team members to identify test priorities, plan and execute test automation strategies for their teams, and ensure that the overall quality of the application is consistently improving.
- Improve testing approach and execution for the team by collaborating with the Test Engineers, Developer Leads, and other product stakeholders.
- Contribute to test plans for features based on established risk profiles and use cases as designed by the Test Lead.
- Contribute to overall test strategy for the development team.
- Contributions may impact important components owned by their own team and the associated processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent level of knowledge
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to break down complex problems
- A willingness to continuously learn and get better
- Self-management and organizational skills
- Experience with Salesforce object knowledge such as process flows, Lightning, Apex, Java
- Experience developing automated tests against Salesforce
- Experience working as a Test Engineer on a cross-functional team
- Experience developing automated tests (e.g. Webdriver, Cucumber, etc.) following maintainable design patterns (e.g. Page Object, etc.)
- Experience working with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.) as part of an Agile Testing methodology
- Strong practical knowledge of SCM/VCS’ (Git / Mercurial / SVN) and related experience working with Github based development
- Experience using Issue Management systems (e.g. JIRA, etc.)
- Familiarity with databases (such as MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Familiarity with Java Application Servers (e.g. Tomcat)
- Advanced English Level
What you’ll do
- Communicate effectively with the Test and Developer Leads to understand priorities and goals
- Develop and update automated and manual test cases as needed
- Contribute to test plans and test strategy for features based on established risk profiles
- Execute test cases as needed
- Work directly with developers throughout the development process, providing support for development efforts from pull request to the final merge
- Write clear, concise, and thoroughly investigated defect reports
- Perform root cause analysis research and effectively present findings to the cross-functional team
- Work with Continuous Integration tooling and processes
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Flexible schedule
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers, and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.