Inside of the development of space electronics equipment’s, Test Engineer is in charge of the qualification of the design using development and qualification models as EBB/EM/EQMs, and also the acceptance of the flight deliverables (FMs). Test Engineer takes part in the following activities in different stages of the development, inside of an extended team of test engineers and technicians:
- Preparation of VCD (Verification Control Document), EGSE Specification and Test Plan.
- Preparation of detailed test procedures (functional, electrical, environmental, EMC)
- Preparation of detailed test sequences and final validation over engineering models (EBB, EM,..) or specific test setups.
- Preparation of testability analysis and definition of acceptance test campaign at board level.
- Execution of integration, qualification, protoqualification and acceptance test campaigns over corresponding models (EQM, QM, PFM, FMs), including development of those jigs needed for (tooling, vibration and thermal fixtures, etc).
- Preparation of test reports and test as built information
- Support to customer design and testing reviews as PDR, CDR, TRR, TRB, DRB.
- Technical supervision of the EGSE development and test campaign performed by the EGSE subcontractor
Test execution will be performed in collaboration with skilled test engineers and technicians. Test execution demands high level of concentration and care to handle and operate the deliverable product. Furthermore this work has to be done under tight schedule because testing is the last step of the product development.
Some projects can ask (or test itself demands it as thermal vacuum campaign) test execution in double shift or extended timetable, during specific steps of the test campaign. Therefore, temporarily, it could be necessary to work out of the normal weekly timetable.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Engineer master degree, preferable from electronics, aerospace or telecommunication degrees.
- Proven experience of more than 3 years in testing and reporting for electronics hardware, at board, unit or system level, in space, aircrafts, military fields; and very familiar using generic instrumentation (oscilloscopes, power supplies, DMMs, etc.) and ad hoc EGSEs.
- SW skills and demonstrable experience (labview, python, C++, C#), oriented to test sequences automation, is a must
- Delivery oriented
- English and Spanish language at advanced level, other languages would be a plus.
- Experience in EMC radiated and conducted testing would be a plus.
- Experience in environmental testing (vibration, shock, thermal and thermal vacuum testing) would be a plus.
- Experience with InCircuit (IC) testing using flying probe, bed of nails, etc. would a plus
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.