CNH Industrial is a global leader in the capital goods sector with established industrial experience, a wide range of products and a worldwide presence. Each of the CNH Industrial's brands is a major international player in its specific industry: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and Steyr for tractors and agricultural machinery; Case and New Holland Construction for earth moving equipment; Iveco for commercial vehicles; Iveco Bus and Helieuz Bus for buses and coaches; Iveco Astra for quarry and construction vehicles; Magirus for firefighting vehicles; Iveco Defence Vehicles for defence and civil protection; and FPT Industrial for engines and transmissions. More information can be found on the corporate website: [...] FUNCTION:
The Product Validation Test Engineer will work closely with multiple product development teams and product platforms to assist in defining requirements, functional testing technical system interactions, and identification of risks for agriculture vehicles utilizing Precision Solutions and Telematics (PS&T) systems. This position works with the PS&T Product Validation group to create the necessary test procedures and plans for the validation of those systems, then executes the validation plan on a variety of vehicles platforms and test benches. This role is a systems generalist that is capable of conducting functional testing on a variety of Precision farming, guidance, telematics, product control, Farm Management Information Systems, and web based solutions across multiple off-highway platforms. Position requires the capability to collect and analyze operational data and familiarity with CAN communications.
- Develop & maintain detailed system and sub-system test procedures for functional, performance, and safety tests as related to Precision Farming, Product Control, and Guidance content based on system specifications.
- Execute validation plan and test procedures on the bench or in-field testing at CNH test facilities or external customer sites.
- Document and clearly communicate test results, including issue reporting into proper tracking tools. Maintain and update issues as they are resolved.
- Assist in root cause analysis and validation of resolution for problems identified during testing. Collect and analyze data to assist development team in root cause identification and problem resolution.
- Interface effectively with support groups and internal customers such as engineering, marketing, vehicle or implement platforms, etc.
- Submit timely and concise reports covering system performance, reliability, durability, customer appeal and safety. Maintain accurate and comprehensive test records for reference and analysis.
- Aid design team in vehicle tuning exercises or targeted development tests for Auto Guidance and Precision Farming features of the PS&T software.
- Interface with and document customer acceptance of end to end system level functionality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, computer science or EET.
- 3 years’ experience with Farm Equipment, Precision Farming systems or connected vehicle systems.
- Ability to travel 20%
- 0-2 year experience in electronic troubleshooting and diagnostics or a related field
- 0-2 years experience with development and execution of test plans.
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate good computer skills with Word, Excel, MSOffice suite.
- Ability to work independently, and multi-task in a fast paced ever-changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Closed loop control system appreciation and understanding – electro-hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems.
- Communications protocol experience and understanding required (e.g. Serial, CAN, Cellular, Wifi, GPS, ISOBUS).
- Agricultural, construction, automotive, or similar background which demonstrates familiarity with operation of off-highway equipment.
- Customer driven focus.
- Experience using Vector tools, or other tools for serial bus system data logging and analysis.