Purpose of Role
The incumbent is accountable for:
- Setup and maintain Tooling Costing Systems and evaluation Tooling Costing Standards.
- Monitor Tooling Cost from Concept Development stage to Finished Goods stage.
- Verify tooling quotations and follow up costing issues with suppliers and in-house engineers.
- Prepare quotation / tooling cost breakdowns / analysis reports for cost evaluation and control.
- Coordinate with other parties on product life cycle follow up and costing approval progress.
- Understand toolmaker capability and capacity for direct & indirect tooling supplier and manage supplier relationships.
- Negotiates all commercial aspects of tool purchasing.
- Seek and attain cost avoidances / cost reduction opportunities for tool purchases.
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned by manager.
- Performance Management (40%): Hands-on management to make sure that the Tooling Purchasing key deliverables are met.
- People Management (20%): Build a good relationship with the Tooling Suppliers as well as the FG Vendors to ensure good co-operations and resolve any conflict arises, if any.
- Process Improvement (20%): Continue to review the current way of working and identify areas of improvement to eliminate waste and drive efficiency.
- Reporting and Updates (10%): Able to report the performance of the Tooling Purchasing Team and provide timely updates in highlighting key issues of concerns and also areas of supports needed
Years of Experience Required
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience (experience in costing role for toy manufacturing will be an advantage) in tool manufacturing processes and/or purchasing role.
- Experience in dealing with suppliers in Asia Pacific especially China/India/Vietnam
Technical Skills Requirement
- Diploma, Certificate or above in Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- Sound knowledge on manufacturing process (tool build, design, engineering). In depth knowledge of plastic injection tools would be an advantage.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good command in spoken & written in English and Hindi
Soft Skills Requirements
- Work with senior leaders at Hasbro to define KPIs for the team
- Be the escalation point of the operational team, ensuring KPIs are achieved and is aligned with company’s strategy and vision
- He/she will act as the escalation point for complicated issues and operational challenges
- With a strong visionary mindset and be able to influence the team members to understand company’s strategy and how it is related to their daily work
- Strong teamwork capability, be able to cooperate with colleagues from different background, department and levels
- Support the team in people management, e.g. defining goals for team members, performance management, coaching and supporting
- Be involved in key talent management decisions, e.g. promotion, bonus planning, team structure, etc
- Respects the process and company’s practices while not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Self-motivated, pro-active, with strong sense of commitment and able to work under pressure
- Confident to communicate with all levels/ different cultural backgrounds
Please continue with your application