Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Toolmaker is part of the Toolroom and Automation group and will be responsible for equipment builds and upgrades across the plant for our client, a Medical Device Manufacturer in Galway.
- Machine parts to drawings and sketches provided using manual machines and/or CNC mill
- Design production aids, fixturing, tooling and measurement tools in cooperation with manufacturing engineers and technicians. Give feedback on levels of accuracy and precision that are achievable for challenging parts.
- Manage external vendors to get tooling made as necessary
- Order materials and components using the organisations procurement system
- Assemble tooling and equipment, install, and test to assure functionality
- Complete paperwork as required to maintain EH&S and Quality standards
- Manage inventory of cutting tools and other toolroom consumables
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning on the toolroom equipment
- Maintain toolroom cleanliness and housekeeping and ensure that others do also.
- Assist in maintenance or troubleshooting of production machines when required
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and initiatives to improve Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
- Senior trades qualification in Toolmaking or Machining
- Minimum of 5 Years Experience (preferably in Medical Devices or Small Part Industry)
- Computer Literate (Word, Excel, CAD etc)
- Ability to operate all tool room equipment - lathes, mills, surface grinders
- Experience in set-up and programming of CNC Mills.
- Experience with Solidworks and CAM Package beneficial
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, good team player who works well with colleagues or independently.
- Positive attitude toward paperwork required by regulated industry
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment
"The Resource for the MedTech Workforce”