- Be a part of Australia’s largest prison
- Build your career with this global services organisation
- Help to make a real difference to people’s lives
- You can demonstrate your highest levels of integrity, judgement and decision making
- You demonstrate your ability to influence, gain trust and negotiate situations which may be challenging with a passion for delivering to an exceptional standard
- You will have excellent verbal communication and written skills
- You are able to demonstrate your commitment to achieve and maintain a good level of physical fitness
- You demonstrate your ability to operate under pressure, remaining calm and demonstrate your resilience during periods of adversity
- You are compassionate, motivated and have a strong interest in working with our prisoners to make their time in custody constructive
- You will demonstrate responsible behaviour as a role model for prisoners and interact with colleagues and prisoners with the highest level of courtesy and respect
- You believe in the prisoner rehabilitation process and have a passion for helping prisoners grow personally into positive contributors to the community
- You can demonstrate your ability to generate new ideas, solve problems and take responsibility for your actions
- Work collaboratively with all members of the prison to ensure the safety and security of prisoners, staff and visitors
- Manage a caseload of prisoners consistent within our offender management practices
- Conduct patrols, searches and security-related activities ensuring strict compliance with all policies and procedures
- Maintain high quality documentation pertaining to case files, prisoner assessments, and report completion
- Communicate with, and give directions to, prisoners in a respectful and motivational manner, respond to prisoner queries and provide pro-active assistance and guidance
- Build and maintain positive relationships with peers, managers and stakeholders both within and external to Acacia Prison
- Contribute to a safe and healthy working environment, consistent with our Workplace Health & Safety policy, procedures and legislation
What to expect?
- Comprehensive, paid 12-week training course that will equip you with a qualification
- Competitive hourly casual rate
- Upon successful completion of the training course you will be offered employment on the basis that you will be available to work up to 12 hours on shift, including nights, weekends and public holidays on a rotational roster basis.
Located in the Perth Hills, Acacia Prison is Australia’s largest correctional facility and proudly operated by Serco’s Justice & Immigration business. We are responsible for the management of 1,525 medium security male prisoners. Our team takes pride in our approach to our prisoner rehabilitation programs, our safety record, our service delivery to our customers and our pro-social learning environment.
At Serco you’ll be a part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world’s best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Justice and Immigration and Transport. But no matter your role or where you are based, we each share the same goal.
Serco requests applicants to submit their expression of interest through an application as soon as possible to assist us with the review process.
Serco is committed to and celebrates diversity. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. If you are inspired to make a positive difference, find out more about us at www.serco.com/aspac.