Ideas change the world. Help us change the way the world manages them.
Dimension and organisation
The Internal Linguist reports to a Team Leader within a team of 3 members within the Translation Business Unit.
The jobholder will oversee quality for their native language in a business unit that handles 15,000+ translations per year, originating from 50+ customers, across 20+ languages.
The jobholder is in charge of supplier quality evaluation, supplier feedback management, and maintaining linguistic assets for specific key languages in the intellectual property domain.
Main responsibilities and corresponding activities
1. Reviewing incoming translations and revisions from suppliers, recording any quality issues and logging the assessment of the translation’s quality, while respecting the several quality checks, the customer deadlines, customer specificities, internal procedures and templates, quality standards and KPI’s.
2. Communicating with customers and suppliers in a proactive and customer-oriented mindset to ensure translations are efficiently processed and that any quality issues or linguist questions are addressed, while respecting the internal communication and complaint policy, customer specificities, internal procedures & templates, quality standards and KPI’s.
3. Actively managing and maintaining translation linguistic assets, including customer-specific glossaries and translation memories. Creating and updating glossaries where needed.
4. Playing an active role in selecting new suppliers for the company’s supplier network and onboarding them onto CAT Tools.
5. Regularly assessing supplier quality and providing feedback to suppliers where necessary.
6. Proactively recommending improvements as well as corrective and preventive actions to reduce customer complaints, improve efficiency and mitigate risks.
7. Participating in continuous improvement by collaborating in quality or project-related initiatives.
8. Actively participating in weekly team meetings, preparing the yearly individual evaluation process by submitting proposals for next year objectives and training proposition according to company values.
9. Participating in creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture and a team spirit by training, assisting and monitoring new colleagues.
A. Accurate and structured correspondence with suppliers, addressing translation quality issues as well as compiling the processed tasks and further actions to be performed over all the target languages, while respecting internal KPIs, customer specificities, customer deadlines & internal procedures.
B. In-depth control of incoming translations in conformity with customers’ instructions of the target languages and according to the source text, glossaries, translation memories, and internal quality check procedures.
C. Accurate answers provided to customers’ or translators’ phone calls and emails while respecting the communication internal policy, customer specificities, internal procedures & templates, quality standards and KPI’s.
D. Regular updating and creating of glossaries and translation memories in accordance with requirements.
E. Agent selection, onboarding and reviews conducted in line with requirements.
F. Improvement ideas and documentation delivered for quality processes and/or projects.
G. Mid and end of year review as well as any suggestions for new objectives and trainings preparation.
H. Adequate training and feedback to assist the learning path of new internal linguists.
Knowledge and experience
If you have any queries please reach out to our recruitment team at this address: email@example.com