The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
We are looking for an innovator and problem solver that has a passion for Transport Engineering to join our Sydney Business and help deliver value for our clients. The individual will be given the opportunity to lead and manage the technical and project delivery of integrated and strategic transport projects across NSW. A key focus will be to position Jacobs at the front end of key land use and transport projects, lead junior staff through the process of transport engineering, transport planning and transport modelling.
You should have experience in transport planning and have a Degree (or approved equivalent) in a related discipline. Additionally, you should have:
- Significant knowledge and breadth of transport engineering/planning concepts and tasks
- Strong understanding of the interfaces between transport planning, transport engineering and transport modelling
- Strong experience in traffic operations and capacity analysis
- Strong understanding of principles informing road design concepts and development
- Demonstrated project management skills on multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of the local environment, relevant industry, particularly working within the New South Wales transport sector
Jacobs. A World where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
: Australia-Australia Countrywide-North Sydney-AU - Sydney Pacific Highway