Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Bank International (China) Ltd. (MSBIC) is a locally incorporated foreign bank wholly owned by Morgan Stanley in Zhuhai, China. It has a branch in Beijing and the Bank is primarily engaged in bond and FX trading, lending, loan syndication, and corporate deposit taking. MSBIC is a niche bank that focuses on providing unique domestic and cross-border solutions to large corporations and institutions in China.
Corporate Treasury provides corporate finance advisory services to senior management and the business units, maintaining the firm’s liquidity, optimizing its capital base, and coordinate the Firm’s recovery and resolution planning. The Asia region consists of a hub in Hong Kong and regional offices in Tokyo, Beijing, Seoul, Singapore, and Mumbai. Corporate Treasury Asia is seeking a Director level professional with solid work experience who can work in our Beijing office to primarily support our China Bank.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley's world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Manage the liquidity risk of the Bank and perform annual review & enhancements to the liquidity risk management framework in line with global liquidity risk management standards
- Analyze capital and liquidity impact resulting from business plans and activities and advise business units on optimal capital and liquidity mix
- Drive the Bank’s capital management strategy and collaborate with risk management and financial controllers to establish the Bank’s Basel III processes and approaches including ICAAP
- Responsible for managing the Bank’s currency funding requirements through optimizing the secured and unsecured funding mix
- Responsible in maintaining applicable liquidity reserve requirements by investing in approved liquid assets
- Monitor and manage the interest rate risk profile of the Bank within approved limits using a variety of hedging instruments
- Partner with infrastructure teams including Finance, Tax and LCD on capital and liquidity planning and execution and serve as the Treasury liaison for MS business units in the Bank
- Chair the Bank’s Asset-Liability Management Committee (ALCO) meeting, drive the ALCO agenda, develop and oversee the ALCO related policies, standards and procedures
- Track and monitor regulatory development, identify challenges with regards to liquidity, funding and capital
- Lead dialogues with Bank regulators (CBRC, PBOC and SAFE) on liquidity, funding and capital
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or Economics, with Master degree or qualifications such as CFA a strong plus
- A minimum of five years of related work experience in a top-tier commercial bank’s Treasury in China, with a deep understanding of Treasury funding activities, interest rate products, liquidity management and the regulatory landscape
- Foreign commercial bank work experience, or equivalent
- Knowledge in Chinese bank regulations. Prior experience in dealing with Chinese bank regulators is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of China fixed income market. Experience, either direct or indirect, in China interbank market is preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven track record of teamwork and ability to work across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- High motivation, excellent team player, strong appetite to learn and adaptable in a dynamic work culture and able to work independently