Casual Ultrasound Technologist– Bay Street
1-2 days per month – 6,5 hours per day
Join our team
Who is TELUS Health Care Centres (formerly Medisys Health Group)?
We are a national network of renowned medical professionals dedicated to identifying health risks, inspiring positive lifestyle choices and improving patient outcomes. We have one of the largest networks of Care Centres in Canada.
Our commitment: Better healthcare options for everyone. We are leveraging the power of technology to provide Canadians with better health outcomes. Connecting health teams, streamlining workflows, and empowering patients to manage their health are just some of the ways our digital solutions promote collaboration and efficiency.
We are looking for enthusiastic, customer service minded individuals who want to work in a collaborative, friendly and supportive environment. Join our team and help us shape the future of how Canadians engage with the healthcare ecosystem.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Under the direction of the Associate Director, the selected candidate will be responsible for providing high quality care services for the Telus Health Care Centres Executive Health program. The Ultrasound Technologist will perform ultrasound assessments under the direction of the Physician team and supporting radiologists to provide care directly to clients and alongside the interdisciplinary team. The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to support different administrative tasks in our medical office.
- Thorough understanding of medical directives, guidelines, policies and procedures to provide the highest quality of care to clients.
- Diligently participate in the company's training to ensure up to date knowledge
- Perform clinic testing including, spirometer, vision, and audiometric testing
- Adhere to safety protocols as set by the company's medical directives and regulations.
- Provide friendly, efficient, and safe service to clients.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Ensure clear and accountable documentation practices following accepted Telus Health Care Centres and regulatory body standards
- Follow-up with the physician, the patient & the employer (when applicable)
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Ability to follow Medical Directives
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to communicate effectively with corporate clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Ability to complete assigned tasks without detailed supervision
- Work well under pressure and can demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing time sensitive tasks
- Able to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative and good judgement
- Completion of a recognized sonography program.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Current registration with Sonography Canada (preferred) or ARDMS
- CPR and WHMIS certifications an asset
- Ability to maintain composure, exercise sound judgement and display a sense of urgency when completing time sensitive tasks
- High level of efficiency, attention to detail and maturity
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
you create future friendly
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.