*We are currently working remotely until possibly September as we look for new office space in Vancouver. After that point, we'll move to a hybrid remote/in-office work situation and we'll accommodate the candidate's needs and preferences.
User Experience at BuildDirect
As a member of our Product Management team at BuildDirect, you will work with a multidisciplinary group of bright and motivated people. You will work with autonomy to improve our website usability, help customers find products and answers to their pressing problems and convert better.
You will work closely with product managers, software developers, and other designers to create innovative design solutions across our platform, including our e-commerce site, seller portal, delivery portal, as well as internal tools.
We are equally obsessed with hiring great colleagues as with building great software.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for a UX Designer with 3-5 years of experience in designing customer-facing applications, for Web and Mobile, in B2C and B2B environment.
- Direct-to-customer or eCommerce domain experience preferred but not a must.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate complex content into user scenarios, flows and diagrams
- Strong background of developing design solutions as a UX designer, interaction designer or information architect
- High Proficiency with designing and prototyping tools. Eg: Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Zeplin etc.
What we expect from you?
- Understand target user through user research and customer interviews, drive toward collecting more data when needed
- Ability to gather insights from analytics tool like hotjar, Google analytics, fullstory etc. to continuously optimize the UX and create delightful experience for customers.
- Ability to experiment the ideas using A/B testing tools and frameworks by working closely with the Product Managers.
- Ability to design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency
- Ability to present design work to the Product team and business stakeholders for review and feedback
- Quickly iterate on multiple design explorations to arrive at a simple but robust solution accounting for complex requirements
- Proactively manage your own work queue, time and expectations, meet deadlines and communicate needs and trade-offs if your schedule is in jeopardy
- Manage ambiguity, work independently and collaboratively within a team, and switch rapidly between different projects in an agile environment
What could help us know you better?
- Bachelor's degree in design, or human-computer interaction (HCI), or Design Thinking or equivalent certification
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
- We are currently working remotely while we look for new office space in Vancouver. The future will be a hybrid of remote/in-office work.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- Learning Fund, or the “Learn Something New” benefit – use it to learn anything, getting better every day means constantly learning.
- Stock options.
- Flexible work timings.
- Awesome culture that wants you to Enjoy the journey.