The name etika means ‘ethical’ in several languages and that’s exactly what we want to bring to finance - a responsible and fair approach to lending money. We’re different from other lenders because we put the financial wellbeing of our customers first.
etika was founded in 2012 with a mission to provide fairer finance to more people globally. We’re a privately owned and technology-driven company, here primarily to make a positive difference in the world of finance.
And we actively seek out ethical business partners that treat their suppliers, customers, employees and business partners with the same respect and fairness we would.
Our team is looking for a passionate and talented designer with 5+ years of experience, who demonstrates human-centered design principles to shape new and innovative digital products. You'll work closely with another junior to mid-weight UX Designer and a team of Engineers to create high-quality user experiences for etika's responsive web application and website.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing multiple projects at the same time, from concept through to completion, with stakeholders from multiple departments.
- Assessing technical feasibility by checking in with Devs and Product stakeholders in the early stages of the design thinking process
- Maintaining the design system/component library, and documenting our process flows/integrations.
- Creating high-fidelity prototypes to demonstrate a flow or interaction. Prototypes are used to collect feedback from users, for stakeholder and sales meetings, and during engineering handovers.
- Providing high fidelity wireframes with the highest level of detail to make the handover to the development team seamless
- Ensuring an optimised website experience
- Ensuring functioning (integrations with) external measuring tools/software, Google Optimize & Analytics, Mixpanel and Hotjar
- Monitoring and reporting on performance and conversion for both website and web application journey using Hotjar, Mixpanel and Google Optimize and Analytics
- Ensuring the user interface remains consistent with our design system and component library as the application and comms evolve. Also ensuring consistency between user interface and email & SMS comms.
- Organising and running stakeholder workshops
- Briefing and organising user research
- Balancing re-using our existing platform components where possible, whilst striving to deliver the best product solutions/experiences for our users.
- Working closely with the Devs team to ensure technical feasibility in the early stages of the design process
- Coaching and supporting the junior to mid-weight UX Designer
- Experience with atomic design & UI components
- Your approach is pragmatic rather than dogmatic, with a focus on measurable results to quantify the effectiveness of your solutions.
- You are familiar with the Discover, Define, Develop and Deliver approach - whilst recognising that sometimes this process will need to be done in a reduced timeframe or truncated version - and comfortable with Agile methodology.
- Experience designing and developing in Figma and Webflow
- Proficiency in responsive design and layout
- You understand how the sum total of design elements influences product function and are constantly striving for simplicity
- You are a firm believer that it’s the results that count and will always strive to measure and adjust where and when required
- You have an exceptional eye for detail and a high standard of quality
Location: Lavender Bay, Sydney, with hybrid-working.
Salary: $130k-$160k dependent on experience.
etika is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic/national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.