Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Work hands-on, creating interface and visual design solutions from concept to final code
• Provide visual feedback and guidance to other designers as necessary on visual design execution as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Team with user experience designers, design researchers and developers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience
• Contribute to storyboards & task flows designs, effectively communicating visual intentions to the design team and sponsor users
• Work with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate
• Deliver pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs to enable front end development to deliver prototypes to engineering
• Collaborate on user experience planning with the team’s UX Lead
• Consult with architects, product leads and key stakeholders
• Participate in user research activities
• Promote a user first approach to the stated problem
• Possess a fundamental awareness of enterprise, technology, developer, and design trends
• Evangelize the importance of design research as part of IBM Design Thinking and educate product teams that are new to design research methods in order to help them
• integrate real users into their design lifecycle
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 5 - 6 years of professional experience in user experience / visual design domain
• Excellent creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills
• Communication skills and an ability to drill down to a customer's requirements
• Ability to work within a cross-functional team and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
• Strong strategic skills in assessing business and user scenarios, approaches and deliverables
• Deep understanding of objective visual design decisions
• Knowledge of industry standard design tools
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Understanding of interface and user experience design best practices for all screen sizes and devices
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory, page layout, and iconography
• Have background in Banking / Financial Services business will be advantage
• At least intermediate level of English communication
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.