Welcome to Blackshark.ai. We believe in creating value by providing powerful insights.
Blackshark.ai is creating a digital twin of planet earth powered by satellite data & artificial intelligence.
We are a team of 50+ data scientists, geospatial engineers, 3D rendering programmers and developers based in San Francisco, Seattle, US, and Graz, Austria, Europe's computer vision hub.
Our revolutionary platform is using Machine Learning to extract information from the surface of our planet by using satellite imagery and other relevant data. A patented reconstruction technology allows streaming and rendering of detected 3D features in unmatched visual quality containing material properties and other semantic features.
We have a culture being focused on individuals and their individual goals in order to create something bigger than ourselves.
Come and join Blackshark.ai and help us create the ultimate vision of a digital Planet Earth.
We are seeking a talented UX designer to create and inspire user-centered design at Blackshark.ai. Your mission will be to design and document Blackshark.ai platforms while collaborating closely with other developers to bring greater consistency, functionality, and flexibility throughout our solutions.
In particular, you will:
- Envision, create, and deliver focused and consistent software product experiences for use across our product stack
- Investigate, study, validate, and understand user requirements, and synthesize them into actionable tasks
- Collaborate across disciplines to understand product vision and customer needs, and design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques
- Craft responsive prototypes and high-fidelity user interface designs using Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Photoshop, and other conventional design tools
- Distill complex problems into user stories and eventually innovative and refined solutions
- Craft personas, user journeys, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes
- Conduct peer reviews, gather usability feedback, and quality assess implementations of your designs and the designs of others
- Ensure that others understand the value and effectiveness of user-centered design
- Participate in usability testing, scenario writing, study moderating and observing with prototypes and fully developed projects
- You are passionate about creating and delivering modern, fast, user-centric experiences
- You have several years of experience designing UX for digital products, and hands-on experience designing with UI frameworks
- You have a team-oriented and systemic approach to design, with demonstrated experience thriving in a collaborative and iterative work environment
- You are familiar with tools such as Sketch and Invision
- You have a great attention to detail, strong interaction design skills and compelling aesthetic design sense
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent
- You are naturally curious and passionate about learning new things, and keep up to date on the latest web component best practices, patterns, and technologies
- You are flexible and can leverage multidisciplinary practices or shift focus easily in a place that values nimble responses to new user and business expectations
- You thrive in entrepreneurial settings, take ownership of your work and pride in your impact on the product.
Why join us?
*The remuneration for the position advertised above is fixed by Austrian collective agreement. The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.
- Cutting-edge projects with global Tier 1 reference customers in a wide range of industries.
- A straightforward mindset: focus on the goal, get things done, and keep cool.
- Friendly atmosphere, with amazing and passionate colleagues from all backgrounds and nationalities.
- Flat hierarchy, fast decisions, and agile work environment where your ideas and concepts are welcome.
- The opportunity to learn and develop in a team eager to drive innovation.
- A culture that values teamwork, expertise sharing and humility, and where all collaborate towards the same goal.
- Work-life balance and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- HQ situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem with an extraordinary high quality of life, between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps.
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualiﬁcations.*
Apply for this position
Apply for this position