In the fields of Used for payment, authentication and information sharing, NFC technology is growing fast, in a highly growing market of connected objects.
STMicroelectronics has the best in class device in term of performance in this area.
NFC controllers are designed to execute contactless transactions in a simple, reliable and secured way (thanks to a “Secure Element”), and featuring low power and small size constraints for mobile electronics (phones) and wearables (watches, ...).
You will be part of our Austrian NFC/Secure Element validation team, in charge of applicative validation in Android platforms.
It includes standard compliance testing, interoperability testing, endurance testing and robustness/stress testing.
Your responsibility will be to:
- Understand NFC ecosystem and acquire good knowledge in NFC protocols (e.g. ISO14443, NCI, HCI, Mifare …)
- Understand Secure Element ecosystem and acquire good knowledge in Android uses cases (e.g. OMAPI access, Card Emulation)
- Work with product development team on the test strategy
- Develop new automatic tests to increase validation coverage, with strong focus on stress and robustness
- Be involved in Test Methodology & Architecture
- Provide clear validation reports
- Put in place an automatic method to analyze test results (trace parsing and analysis)
- Investigate SW bugs and provide clear analysis
- Be involved in customer support in order to reproduce issues observed during robustness / stress tests
- Degree of a technical University
- 5 years+ experience in Android environment and logcat analysis beneficial
- 5 years+ experience NFC or Secure Element Android eco system
- Programming skills in C#, C/C++ or other object oriented languages
- Programming skills in scripting (e.g. Shell, Python, Perl)
- Know-how in configuration management and versioning control tools (e.g. SVN, GIT)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in working in a multi-site, multi-cultural, international team
- Highly flexible, inspired and motivated extrovert character, inspiring and motivating
- Initiative spirit and capacity to endorse driving role
- Willingness to travel (about 1-3 weeks per quarter)
- Fluent English language