The Turnaround & Restructuring Services (TRS) practice is experiencing significant growth, during which you will be able to seize a unique opportunity to truly develop your long-term career objectives. Composed of the most respected turnaround professionals in the industry, AlixPartners is widely recognised for its long and successful record in helping companies resolve urgent situations and implement rapid change. Our professionals share a practical, results-oriented mind-set underpinned by the tenet that, under such situations, failure is not an option. We work side-by-side with both management teams and partners to provide a broad range of services to companies facing strategic, financial, and operational challenges.
An opportunity has become available for a Vice President to join our Turnaround and Restructuring Services team in Paris. We are looking for pragmatic and results-focused individuals, who can operate on a range of French based as well as international engagements. We are keen to attract people who are seen as forward-thinking leaders within their profession and who can contribute to AlixPartners’ enviable reputation for driving positive change for the immediate and long-term success of our clients.
Background and qualifications
- Minimum relevant years of professional experience of 4-8 years
- Substantial relevant financial/operational restructuring experience gained in consulting, private equity, banking or industry.
- Relevant experience in financial / operational restructuring situations such as:
- Financial and operational turnaround programmes
- Cash and working capital management
- Building, reviewing and maintaining short term cash flow models
- Formulating, reviewing and analysing business plans and financial forecasts
- Implementation of cost reduction programmes
- Supporting Chief Restructuring Officer roles
- Balance sheet restructurings
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills with a deep understanding of financial statements. A track record of consistently delivering high-value work to meet client’s needs.
- Strong social skills, including: giving clear direction to the team; executing projects according to established team norms, defining roles, and expectations; coaching and developing direct reports; and capitalising on the strengths of each team member on projects.
- Advanced written communication skills, able to prepare well laid out, easily understood analysis and presentations.
- Articulate communication of information, with audience-appropriate adaption.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Demonstrate own professional network
- High level of academic achievement or professional qualification
- Education: top engineering or business school
- Ideally, Mix of industry and consulting experience, or experience in top consulting firms
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- Fluency in English and French is needed; knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
- Adaptable and proficient with change in a practical environment
- Ability to work both reciprocally and independently, with the high-energy, flexibility and adaptability required to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and peers.
- Hands-on, number savvy, highly analytical with attention to detail, dedicated, entrepreneurial, autonomous, great teammate, credible communicator, with mature and professional style
- Able to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines and make decisions
- Possesses strong attention to details, able to produce clear and accurate written outputs
- Confident when talking to clients
- Willingness to travel extensively; sometimes at short notice.
- We are a European practice, so this role may involve working for short periods at other AlixPartners’ UK and European offices and providing assistance at client sites, both in the UK and abroad. Flexibility will therefore be required.
Working Across the EU: You should have your own documents or work permits in place that enable you to travel and work across the European Union.