Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Corporate Services provides a robust portfolio of global services utilized daily across the Firm to enable productivity, efficiency, safety, optimized business models and an enhanced employee experience in the workplace. We have over 5,000 staff managing a multi-billion dollar scope of services including Real Estate and Location Strategy; Real Estate Portfolio and Transaction Management; Property Management; Corporate Travel; Corporate Security & Investigations; Corporate Information Management; and Regional Client Services; and Office of the COO.
The Portfolio Strategy & Planning role will be a critical in enabling the delivery of the Firm’s Real Estate Strategy through the development and execution of a multi-year plan. It will be part of a sustained capability to optimise the Firm’s Real Estate portfolio on an ongoing basis.
The Firm’s Real Estate Strategy articulates key outcomes which will be delivered over the next five years across the Firm, specifically increasing utilisation, reducing vacancy and branch density, improving the employee experience and optimizing workforce location. Delivering the above outcomes will add commercial value to the Firm and support one of the five key go forward priorities articulated by James Gorman, “Evaluate how we work to improve our productivity, quality of work, and overall employee experience”.
Corporate Services is committed to providing flexible career options designed to attract, develop and retain intelligent, driven, career-oriented talent. You will gain a rounded experience and have the opportunity to develop a network across a diverse spectrum of global departments and business units across the firm.
• Develop a portfolio of initiatives which have clear and executable business cases that will enable the delivery of the real estate strategy
• Support the regional lead of Strategic Planning in getting senior buy-in to the execution plan
• Develop a financial model and balanced decision framework to evaluate portfolio optimization scenarios and drive outcomes that align with business priorities
• Evaluate regional portfolio performance against the long term goals of portfolio optimization and provide inputs to the multi-year occupancy budget plan
• Partner with the workplace, transaction management and property management teams in developing project by project execution plan that will deliver target outcomes
• Partner with location intelligence team to develop a regional footprint that supports the Firm’s workforce strategy
• 10+ years of experience in strategic planning and developing business cases that underpin strategic change agenda, ideally 5+ years in real estate portfolio planning and optimisation
• Deep analytic skills with a sharp attention to details and experience with scenario planning. Having strategic planning experience is critical for the success of this role
• Understanding of the core drivers that support optimization of large geographically dispersed real estate portfolio
• Ability to partner with internal stakeholder groups and also to leverage the supply chain and vendors to deliver change
• Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives, appropriately balance strategic and execution activities, and perform effectively under pressure.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form effective working relationships quickly
• Experience managing multiple complex work-streams that need to deliver pre-agreed executive outcomes
• MBA preferred
• Experience working within financial services strongly preferred
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.