Maersk is the largest shipping and container logistics company in the world. A $40bn organisation with over 85,000 people, we ship roughly 20% of the world’s container freight. We’re bringing our organisation together to become an integrated container shipping and logistics company, fundamentally re-thinking how we do business. Improving our customer experience is a core priority.
We are developing a new product that our suppliers can use to interact with Maersk to provide inland transportation. We need a designer to shape the visual development of this product and build a great experience for our suppliers.
Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organization. As a Visual Designer you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person interested in taking a role in setting the user experience of innovative and intuitive applications
As a visual designer you will be responsible for the look and feel of the product combining your design skills with a knowledge of user-centered design. You will work closely with a UX engineer and front-end engineers to build a product that users love.
• Put users first: our users define the product we create.
• Own the product: the product must be ours so we can make the right decisions.
• Create the visual design for our product
• Create new assets (icons, images, etc) in collaboration with brand and design system teams
• Creation of persuasive assets for internal and external stakeholders (presentations, infographics, etc)
• Collaborate as part of an agile team to deliver product features
• Collaborate and align with business and product owners
• Participate in sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation.
• Contribute to strategic design activities with product owners, design strategy team and others.
• Support and apply principles and guidelines and help contribute to their evolution
• Travel as needed to Maersk locations to meet and work with development team members based abroad (e.g. Denmark).
• 5+ years of experience as a visual designer within software development in a product organization, in-house or at an agency
• Excellent knowledge and experience with design and prototyping tools – ideally Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
• Practical awareness of creating accessible designs
• Excellent communication skills, able to build and maintain relationships
• Resourcefulness and creativity to overcome design constraints
• Analytical skills and user-centred approach
• Collaborative mindset, open to feedback
• Ownership of problems until they are resolved
• Knowledge of modern cloud and web technology
• Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
• A great communicator
• A commitment to continual learning
• Experience in working in an international environment is useful