. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations.....
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the VP, Talent Development will drive the strategic direction and supporting programs within L&D, streamline our learning engagement process, and oversee the design and development of Learning content for employees and managers.. In support of our current and future L&D technology roadmap, the VP will sponsor our learning technology investments and implementation.
The ideal candidate profile:
You’ve led Leadership Development at the Senior level: You have experience with, and an appreciation for, succession planning and developing and facilitating talent assessments and leadership development programs that help grow our executive talent. In addition, you know how to design and launch manager training, hi-potential programs, leadership development programs that drive a high performing culture. You understand the value of these programs to better prepare our new and experienced managers how to best optimize their employee’s capabilities.
You view Learning & Development as a competitive advantage: You believe that a best in class L&D function can directly impact new hire and employee productivity, grow employee capability as the business scales, and bring a consistent learning methodology across the organization. You have a “builder” mindset and thrive in an environment where you’ll be expected to challenge the status quo. Of course, in support of continuous improvement, you also have extensive experience leading organizations through change and transitions.
You understand how to leverage metrics and analytics to improve business outcomes: You are skilled at taking L&D data and articulating your findings and recommendations to stakeholders. You have built scorecards to measure learning effectiveness, including metrics on time to productivity, impact on product utilization, and leadership development programs.
You have a passion for HR technology: You bring a deep knowledge of L&D technology, including best practices and trends in the L&D space. You are thoughtful about budgeting and resource allocation, with repeated success in implementing learning systems and integrated SW products and tools. Post system implementation, you ensure adoption and utilization for all learning investments. You are well versed on incorporating mixed media, micro learning, video, and digital learning solutions.
You are a true business partner to the business: This role requires continuous interaction with individuals, Managers, and Executives on a number of employee development initiatives. You have experience in building strong partnerships with a variety of business units, including Customer Service, Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Human Resources.
You are passionate about performance development: You have defined, designed and implemented performance evaluation approaches that align with the company culture while also driving a high performing organization. You have partnered closely with HR business partner and compensation teams to define and deliver a performance management process that aligns to the our rewards philosophy and drives business outcomes.
You are a natural manager with an appreciation for coaching: You bring significant management experience where you have attracted, developed and retained high performing diverse teams. You seek diverse perspectives, experiences and insight and create an environment of trust and openness. You are well versed in building L&D org structures and can ensure that the L&D support model is scaled appropriately. You are familiar with executive coaching models and understand where those are useful to drive business outcomes.
You thrive in a high growth and global organization: You have experience supporting fast paced and high growth organizations through rapid growth and understand the L&D challenges that often accompany it. You respond quickly to change and adapt/operate in ambiguous environments. You will drive new and innovative learning solutions while flexing and scaling the functional teams based on the company’s requirements. Bonus points if you have leadership experience within a high growth Software organization.
You’re a strategic advisor: You understand the complex challenges senior leaders face in a dynamic, changing business environment. As such, you’re prepared to support, consult and influence on L&D best practices, HR technology integration, predictive analytics, adult learning best practices, and common operational challenges relating to learning programs and infrastructure.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven and recurring success as a senior executive within L&D.
- Experience leading people managers.
- Deep understanding and experience in building relationships and establishing credibility with L&D executive stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong communication and change management competencies.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the persistence to implement best practices in L&D design and delivery.
- A natural ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with continuous change.
- Outstanding people leadership skills – you are recognized as a talent developer and exceptional leader by your direct reports.
- Operational mindset with experience scaling learning & program solutions.
- Ability to triage business requests, consult and seek to understand, generate solutions, make difficult decisions, resolve conflict, and apply sound judgment.
- Demonstrable experience with L&D process improvement, balancing the need for efficiency, optimization, and sufficient compliance/controls.
- Collaborative skills to manage and drive specific projects as determined in the HR planning process, and to participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- B.Sc./B.A. Degree with specialization in Adult leaning, Business, or Human Resources.
.. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process..com should you require any accommodations.