Our Victorian Water team is growing, and we are now seeking a Senior Wastewater Network modelling Engineer / Modeller to join us. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of water professionals to deliver a range of significant projects for both public and private sector clients both locally, nationally and internationally if required. In this role you will work with a number of our clients in delivering better outcomes for the community and environment that will shape Melbourne and regional Victoria into the future.
TheSenior Wastewater Network modelling Engineer / Modeller responsibilities will include:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Establishing, developing, calibrating and using wastewater network models of varying complexity across modelling platforms including: Infoworks ICM, SewerGEMS, MIKE and others.
- Working with clients and other members of our team, you'll build, calibrate, update and generally deliver models that inform master planning, Strategic / investment planning, network management, operational response, inflow / infiltration studies and network augmentations for wastewater systems.
- Your primary focus will be delivering projects to a high standard, contributing to and/or managing projects including the input from geographically dispersed teams from Jacob’s global modelling teams located in Australia, New Zealand, India, Poland, Malaysia, US and the UK.
- Contributing to multidisciplinary teams delivering major linear or network infrastructure or major waste water treatment systems in Australia or Globally.
- Contributing to winning work, preparing proposals or methodology and market-led innovative offerings
- Undertaking the QA of models, reports and deliverables ahead of delivery to Jacobs clients
- Masters or graduate degree, or equivalent, in a field relevant to Water Management, Mathematics, Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience as a professional in the water/wastewater industry delivering modelling projects from model/ build /calibrate to strategic investment studies and operational modelling.
- Experience and in depth knowledge of at least one of the following modelling packages: Infoworks ICM, MIKE, SewerGEMS, InfoSewer and EPASWMM.
- Experience in the Water sector in a consultancy environment.
- Experience of planning field work including stakeholder engagement and operational team engagement.
- Experience of managing field contractors and associated compliance with H&S
- Experience of managing and interrogating raw data for use in network modelling or to identify the root cause of potential events.
- Experience in data analysis and transfer (GIS, Access, Excel, and client corporate databases)
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with clients and geographically disperse project staff using online platforms
- Ability to adapt to differing client requirements and data quality
- The ability to prepare successful proposals with the correct scope and budget.
- Experience of mentoring Junior members of staff and upskilling is desirable
- Understands the importance of QA within project delivery
- Takes responsibility and ownership for tasks or goals or Projects
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s Network – find out more about our employee networks here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. First Nations peoples are strongly encouraged to apply. Jacobs aims to provide cultural safety at our interviews and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are invited to nominate for a cultural representative to participate on the interview panel, please let your recruiter know in your application.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.