04/02/2021 00:00 AM
$25-$34 per hour
Anglicare Central Queensland Limited
Casual - Shift Worker, Casual
If you have a love for people and want to work in the disability
services sector, then this opportunity is for you.
The Home Care Support Worker works with individuals to support
their day-to-day living, ensuring that they have maximum
opportunity for living their best life.
The position may involve working within a multi-disciplinary
team to support participants achieve their goals, and promote
independence where possible.
Professional engagement with participants will be focussed on
developing quality personal relationships, which are supportive and
life enhancing by providing opportunities for choice, self-advocacy
and participation in matters relating to the home as well as
facilitating access to community services and facilities.
- A contemporary knowledge of legislation, regulations and
best practice approaches relevant to the community services and
- Demonstrated understanding of the need to have clear
boundaries, and how to establish these, around the level of
involvement in the lives of people with disabilities.
- A demonstrated ability in problem solving, negotiation and
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the
ability to communicate effectively across a range of people and
- Ability to work positively in a team environment and
independently within the community.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all physical requirements
of the position, work under pressure, handle competing
priorities, meet deadlines, overcome barriers and manage
activities through to completion.
- Ability and willingness to work in a diverse range of
settings including but not limited to – a person’s
home or place of residence, other services, community groups
and other community settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in delivering person
centred care and using a strength-base approach to the design
and delivery of services.
For more information in your area
Sharyn Manitzky, 4970
- Appendix 1.pdf
- Information Guide for Applicants.pdf
- POSITION DESCRIPTION Support Worker (Home Care).pdf